Friday, May 9, 2014

365 Day Project

First off I want to start out by explaining what the 365 Day Project is.  Most simply put, it means taking and editing at least one picture every day for 365 days.


I love photography but I do not do photo shoots everyday.  In fact sometimes I get out of the habit of taking photos and I go long stretches of time without even taking my camera out of the bag.  Not only does that mean I'm not improving my skills that day, but it also means I have missed so many moments and opportunities to photograph.


There are many many instances where I will think to myself, "I wish I had my camera so I can remember this moment forever."  But more often then not, I don't have it with me.  Since starting this project, that has changed.


Now I pretty much bring my camera everywhere I go.  It can be difficult, yes.  You'll see me chasing my two year old while holding my 3 month old carrying the diaper bag and now hauling my camera case as well.  But it's worth it.


When I first decided to take on this challenge I pictured myself being super creative everyday with lots of props and setting up and extreme post processing.  Since starting, my idea of this project has changed.  Although there will be photos like that, a majority of my pictures have ended up being the little things that happen day to day, moments that I want to remember forever.  The good and the bad.


I challenge myself by trying to be creative with lighting, unique angles, and other things like that.


I will not be posting all 365 photos that I take, but I will share several.  I started this project on April 1st so I'm just barely over a month into it.  I'm excited to see what will come of this and to see how it will improve both my photography and editing!




2 comments:

  1. I love these. You do such a great job of documenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sad one of Jaxton and Cami with her tongue out. So excited to see more of your kiddos. You pics are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete