Friday, December 15, 2017

Tess: A Birth Story

Every birth story is unique. Due to her older sibling's swift arrivals, Tess was expected to come into this world quickly.  But she had a different timeline in mind.  Tess took her sweet little time coming.  It was a waiting game for everyone.  When the call came for me to arrive at the hospital I found the room had a calm peaceful feel.  There were no frantic nurses running around as I have seen several times with other births.  Everyone had a sense of calm.   Even as it came time to push the mood remained the same.  I knew the moment sweet little Tess entered this world by the big smile on the OB's face.  When Tess was placed on her mama the pure joy of seeing, having and holding their new baby was evident in both parents' faces.  What a precious moment to be able to witness.

Later after Tess was cleaned up, her older sister and brother came to meet their new little baby sister.  That is one of my favorite moments.  It's hard to know how much children truly understand what it means to have a new baby.  Often they do not realize that they will now be a permanent member of the family.  I'm sure they have no idea how many changes are to come once they are all home together.  But it is wonderful to see their excitement.

I'm happy that I was able to document the first moments of this sweet little girl and her wonderful family together.  Congratulations to each of them!




































No comments:

Post a Comment